After 40-50 years, don't you think its time you treat your Olds to a new set of great aluminum heads? Let your engine breathe with a modern design and shed a bunch of weight in the process!
Those tired old iron heads were not designed for today's low-octane, unleaded gasoline. All else being equal, we find these aluminum heads will allow us to add a full point of compression on an engine build. That translates to a big jump in power. Why? Because aluminum is a much better conductor of heat than iron and that keeps detonation in check.
Just bolting them on? You'll still get the better air flow, lower weight and finally get to do something about that knocking.
Want even more than you'll get straight out of the box? Call us to tune these heads up any way you want them. We can also help you with any other parts you might need for your build.
With a set of these heads and a hydraulic roller cam, this bad boy pushed out an amazing 548 lb-ft of torque and 502 hp.Performer RPM Olds Features:
- Cylinder Heads designed for high-performance non-emission 1965-76 Olds 400, 425 and 455 c.i.d. V8's
- Heart shaped chamber for a more efficient burn, outstanding horsepower and torque
- Valvetrain has been upgraded from the factory pedestal-mount system to an ARP 7/16" screw-in stud and 3/8" pushrod-slot guideplate for increased valvetrain stability
- Combustion chamber volume: 77cc
- Intake runner volume: 188cc
- Exhaust runner volume: 106cc
- Intake valve diameter: 2.072"
- Exhaust valve diameter: 1.68"
- Valve stem diameter: 11/32"
- Valve guides: Manganese bronze
- Deck thickness: 5/8"
- Valve spring diameter: 1.46"
- Valve spring maximum lift: .575"
- Rocker stud: 7/16"
- Guideplate: Hardended steel
- Pushrod diameter: 3/8"
- Valve angle: 18°
- Exhaust port location: Stock
- Spark plug fitment: 14mm x 3/4 reach, gasket seat
Price indicated is per single head
Questions? Please call us at 815-725-2727.
Buy your parts from people to use them!