The new Dart SHP LS Next engine blocks is in our opinion the perfect middle ground for someone looking for a very serious improvement over the GM blocks but want the convenience of using GM covers and oil pans. These blocks have many of the same features as the 1st generation Dart LS Next block (longer cylinders than GM blocks, priority main oiling, stronger solid main saddle, splayed main caps). However, this new block has side skirts. Now you can bolt any GM pan directly on to the block and use a screw on oil filter OR a remote filter from the side of the block - whichever you prefer.
On top are Dart's new Pro1 LS3 cylinder heads filled with the parts you need to push this engine to the limit. The heads perform great out of the box, but we've added some port work to these heads to get the bottom end numbers up. Inconel exhaust valves and Severe Duty Manley intake valves are capable of holding up to a pile of boost and live a long life driving on the street.
- Dart SHP LS Next Short Block
- Callies Dragonslayer Crank Custom Counterweights
- Callies Ultra H-Beam Connecting Rods
- Custom Diamond Pistons
- Dart Pro1 LS3 Cylinder heads
- Manley Severe Duty Intake Valves
- Manley Inconel Exhaust Valves
- Manley NexTek Valve Springs
- Custom CNC Port Work Adds 50% More CFM at 200-300 Lift, 33% More CFM at 300-400 Lift
- Custom Cometic MLS Head Gaskets
- Cloyes Hex-A-Just 'Z' Timing Chain
- Bronze Bushed Rocker Arm Trunnions
- Smith Brothers Pushrods
- ARP Head Studs
We strive to keep the components in stock and the lead times short. Please give us a call to ask questions, price some custom options or get one started. 815-725-2727
*Assumes a good tune. A bad tune will take down any engine.