Engine Block Machining Services Performed on our 4-Axis Rottler F68A Block Machining Center
- Square deck machine the firing deck to within 1/1,000 of a Degree of 45 Degrees
- Bore the cylinders to within 1/1,000 of a degree of 45 degrees from the centerline making them exactly perpendicular to the deck
- Notch for stroker clearance. The Y Axis and Z Axis move in coordination to sweep the mill in the exact path of the connecting rod creating a perfect cut that neither removes too little nor too much material.
- Line Bore. The Rottler uses a 90 Degree milling head to plunge between the main caps and bore one main cap at a time. Unlike other methods, this keep the cutting tool very close to the milling head and eliminates tool deflection.
- Deck O-Ringing. Big boost and high compression sometimes require machining O rings in the firing deck. The Rottler perfectly locates the machining locations using the Renishaw digital wireless probe
- Aftermarket Main Cap and Stud Girdle Installation
- Lifter Bore Machining